Something came in the mail yesterday and I freaked out just a little bit... my KitchenAid!!! With all of the cupcakes that I make, I've never had a mixer. Yes, CRAZY! I've just used little hand held ones and my last one, was about 6 months old and the beaters would hit each other constantly and if anything got somewhat thick, it would stop and sound like it was jammed and get really hot... I seriously thought it was going to explode in my hand a couple times. So my insanely sweet husband got me my Kitchen Aid :o)
Right after it came yesterday, of course, I made white bread, pumpkin bread, pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes and cream cheese buttercream frosting! Mmmmmmmm....
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
What You'll Need...
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 (15 ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Fill cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, canola oil, water, vanilla, and eggs. Mis until smooth.
4. Slowly blend in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Evenly divide batter between the 24 cupcake liners.
5. Bake for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove cupcake liners from pan and cool on a wire rack.
6. After completely cooled ice with cream cheese butter cream frosting. See below for Recipe.
Yields 24 Cupcakes
Cream Cheese Butter Cream Frosting
What You'll Need...
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 package cream cheese (softened)
1 tablespoon clear or regular vanilla extract
1 2lb bag (about 6 cups) confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons milk (if needed)
1. Mix butter and cream cheese and vanilla extract in a large bowl until smooth.
2. Slowly add confectioners sugar and milk (if needed) until frosting is mixed thoroughly and thick.
TheDIYDreamer, HandyManCraftyWoman, SugarAndDots, NightOwlCrafting, NewNostalgia,
FunkyPolkadotGiraffe, TodaysCreativeBlog, BlackBerryVine, KatiesNestingSpot, LittleBeckyHomecky